Through our licensed Government approved Early Learning and Childcare Diploma program, students can obtain Level 3 Early Childhood Educator Certification (ECE) through instructor-led online completion of nine courses, two practicum seminars, and two 185 hour practicums. The 370 practicum hours can be completed in your current place of employment (paid practicum) or on a volunteer basis in a licensed program or school setting. We will support you in determining which learning style (in class or online) is best for you and in securing practicum placements.
- The ELCD program courses are not transferable to other post-secondary institutions
This program offers each program participant:
- 405 hours of training
- 370 hours of practicum in a licensed Early Learning and Childcare Centre and/or School
- Part-time evening classes in a blended format allowing participants to maintain daytime employment while attending
- Small classroom environment
- Qualify for Level 3 Early Childhood Educator certification upon completion of our certificate program
Vocational training licensed under the Private Vocational Training Act
Students are required to provide documentation to show that they meet the admission requirements for this program.
General Admission Requirements
- Alberta Level 2 Early Childhood Educator Certificate
- If ESL, then a Canadian Language Benchmark score of at least 7 is required
English as a Second Language
In addition to the program admission requirements, applicants whose second language is English must provide documentation of a Canadian Language Benchmark score of 7 or above.
program Tuition and fees
Material Fees: $175.00
Graduation Fees: $85.00
Total Cost: $8810.00
To determine your eligibility, complete the form below, and we will work with you through the process: